Struggling to lose weight? No one size fits all when it comes to weight loss!
We know it can be difficult, both mentally and physically, to stick to a regimen that may or may not be ideal for you. What you need is a plan tailored specifically to you and your genetics.
By providing a holistic view of your health, Healthy Weight DNA Insight® may help you:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Take steps to reduce the risk of future health conditions
- Improve energy levels and overall health
Weight loss is not just about diet and exercise. And you are not just a statistic.
Avoid wasting your money on one-size-fits-all approaches to weight loss and start receiving personalized care today at The Aesthetic & Wellness Center.
Get your personalized report on:
- Weight and diet – The way we eat, how our bodies process foods, and our resulting health are all related to our genetics.
- Eating behaviors – Some eating behaviors are learned over time while others are influenced by genetics.
- Metabolic health factors – Being overweight or obese has a negative impact on a person’s metabolic system, and can lead to decreased levels of HDL (“good”) cholesterol and elevated levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, as well as elevated blood sugar and triglycerides.
- Exercise response – Many studies demonstrate a link between genetics and exercise. Your genes can affect your chances of losing weight, having improved cholesterol levels, and other health benefits in response to exercise.
- Nutritional needs – This DNA test analyzes genetic markers associated with your likelihood of having lower levels of certain antioxidants and nutrients.
- Health conditions – Excess weight is directly related to a number of health conditions, some of which can be prevented with proper diet, nutrition, and exercise.
- Medication response – Medications can have varying levels of effectiveness, as well as different side-effects for each person. A genetic test will tell your doctor whether or not you are likely to benefit from certain drugs (i.e. muscle soreness from a cholesterol-lowering medication).
Here’s some things you’ll learn about your DNA:
- Ideal macronutrient ratios of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats required for your optimal weight loss.
- Particular vitamins and minerals you are at risk for deficiencies which you may need to supplement to help you lose weight.
- Is cardio or strength training more effective for you?
- Should you be eating animal meats or a plant-based protein diet for weight loss?
- Whether or not you are sensitive to the amount and type of fat in your diet.
Give us a call at (941) 749-0741 and speak to our staff at The Aesthetic & Wellness Center to get started today and receive a holistic view of your health and learn how to lose weight effectively and sustainably.
Dr. Inda Mowett is certified in Bariatric Medicine (non-surgical medical weight loss). She is one of 400 physicians nationwide specialized in this field.