Are Foods Making You Sick?
Food sensitivity is caused by the inability of the body to properly process a food. Millions of Americans suffer from food sensitivities. Conditions such as those listed below, and hundreds more, stem from a leaky gut, weakened immune system, and systemic inflammation.
Food sensitivities very often contribute to health problems, even when a person is eating so-called “healthy” foods.
Do you experience?
What do these conditions have in common? It is now well-accepted in the medical community that inflammation can negatively affect our health in many ways. It is common for the immune system to perceive certain foods and food chemical as antigens or “intruders,” thus causing an immune reaction when that food is consumed. If inflammation occurs chronically in our bodies, these reactions can harm us in a variety of ways. You have probably heard more about food allergies than food sensitivities; however food sensitivities are actually far more common. In the past food sensitivities were very difficult, and in fact nearly clinically impossible to identify to identify due to the fact that reactions can be delayed, dose-dependent, and vary greatly in the symptoms they manifest. Food allergies, on the other hand, have been much easier to identify and diagnose because the reactions are often immediate, severe, and easy to recognize. While only a small portion of the population has true food allergies, a large portion of the population suffer with undiagnosed food sensitivities.
There are 3 types of food reactions:
- Food Allergies: are an immune system response (IgE mediated). Food allergies are very serious and symptoms usually occur within an hour of digestion. Only 1-2% of the population is affected.
- Food Sensitivities: are delayed food allergy combine with an immune system response (white blood cells, IgG, IgM, C3 and C4 mediated). Symptoms can occur 45 minutes (and up to three days) after ingestion.
- Food Intolerance: produces digestive symptoms similar to food sensitivities but it does not involve the immune system.
The Aesthetic & Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive food sensitivity program in the area!
The test consists of a simple blood test. The results of the blood test are used to create an individualized healthy eating plan for significantly reducing or eliminating symptoms. Our registered dietitian can help create a customized, anti-inflammatory diet for you that reduces and relieves symptoms in as little as 10 days. However, in some cases it can take as long as four to six weeks.
- Initial Consultation (60 minutes)
- Review of symptoms/assessment/recommendation for testing
- (1) Immunologic Food Sensitivity profile testing
- Follow-up visit: food Sensitivities testing results, interpretation and protocol recommendations. (60 minutes)
- Program Cost starting at $600