Are Gyms Expecting Too Much From Their Personal Training Staff?August 18, 2017
Micronutrient Testing & Your HealthApril 21, 2020
We are living in unprecedented times and our health is being challenged by a microscopic “entity”, COVID-19.
People with pre-existing medical conditions or those ones with a weakened immune system are more susceptible to develop severe complications and even lose their lives from this infection. Others will develop minor symptoms or be completely asymptomatic.
But what makes some people vulnerable to develop COVID-19 symptoms?
The main function of the immune system is to protect us from infectious or toxic exposures. A decreased immune function can lead to an increased risk of infection, viral reactivation, and autoimmune disease development or even cancer.
Internal and external factors can affect the immune response to infections. These factors are:
- Genetic predisposition
- Nutritional status
- Micronutrient levels
- Chronic diseases
- Chronic inflammation
- Sleep disorders (i.e. untreated sleep apnea)
- Lack of exercise
- Alcohol intake
- Smoking & illicit drugs
Many of you will be asking yourself, how can we support our immune system during this critical time?
Studies have shown the numerous benefits of a healthy and balanced diet, as well as exercise on aging and the immune system. Exercise has been shown to increase natural killer cell function.
We can improve the response of our immune system by:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet rich in whole foods and mostly plants
- Exercising on a regular basis
- Quitting smoking
- Increasing levels of antioxidants to help maintain the balance between free-radical and antioxidant activity inside cells.
- Increasing levels of healthy gut bacteria and supporting the integrity of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Decreasing the level of stress in our lives.
- Sleeping for at least 7-8 hours per night uninterrupted
What treatments are available to optimize immune function?
Researchers have found that immune-related medical conditions do not develop overnight. However, it is never too late to start a healthier lifestyle and optimize our immune system and defenses with nutritional supplementation.
Known natural compounds supporting the immune response:”
- vitamins A, C, D, E, B12 and zinc and selenium
- omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)
- Potent antioxidants: Alpha Lipoic Acid, L-glutathione, N-acetylcysteine (NAC) & CoQ-10
- L-glutamine to maintain and regenerate the gut lining.
- Regulation of stress hormone “cortisol” by taking adaptogens. Adaptogens are a select group natural compounds, supporting the body’s natural ability to deal with stress.
If you are ready to start boosting your immune system, you can visit our Wellevate online dispensary store and open an account. Click on the link and create an account:
Why select professional grade supplements?
- Professional grade products contain superior quality ingredients.
- These supplements are checked for impurities.
- They provide the highest absorbability and bioactivity
The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The Aesthetic & Wellness Center is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. After reading articles, watching videos or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider or skin care specialist.